It started on May 21, 1974, when OTC Employees Federal Credit Union opened its doors. We were driven with a purpose of providing sound financial services to OTC and Truth employees and their families. After starting out in the basement of OTC, we eventually moved to the Depot building beside it.
A few years later, we opened our charter to include additional companies in Owatonna and moved to our current location on Bridge Street. We’ve seen growth ever since.
- In 1996, we merged with Faribault Woolen Mill Credit Union.
- In 1997, we opened our membership to those that live, work, attend school and worship in Dodge, Rice, Steele, and Waseca County.
- In 1999, we opened a location at the Owatonna Hy-Vee Store to increase hours of operation so we can be more accessible to our members.
- In 2011, we partnered with the Owatonna School District to open a student run branch at the high school to offer solutions and financial literacy to our local youth.
Today, we serve over 18,000 members in our 4-county area. We’re leading the charge to offer financial education in our community and are here to be a trusted partner for financial success. Finally, our staff and volunteers work hard to fulfill this mission every day.
Who We Serve
If you live, work, attend school or worship in Dodge, Rice, Steele or Waseca Counties of Minnesota you are eligible to become a member of HomeTown Credit Union.
Insured by the NCUA
Best of all, your accounts are federally insured by the National Credit Union Administration (NCUA) to at least $250,000 and are backed by the full faith and credit of the U.S. Government. For more information visit the NCUA website: www.ncua.gov.
Join Our Growing Team!
If you’re looking to grow a career where you can serve your community by being a partner in financial success, then HomeTown Credit Union is the place for you.
We offer an inviting work environment where you’ll be challenged and your career nurtured.
On top of that, we offer a great benefits package including:
- 401K plans
- Medical, dental and vision insurance
- Paid time off plus holidays
- Wellness discounts
- And so much more!
Check back for open positions.